Friday, November 16, 2012

Drinking Affects FSU Students in a Negative Way

Similar to my topic last week, this week's article will deal with how alcohol consumption affects FSU students. Most of the students I spoke with admitted that alcohol has affected their performance as students. One recent graduate claimed:

"I can't even count the number of times I have gone to class with a hangover. Alcohol made me miss class many times, and when I was able to show up, I didn't participate in class because I was tired and felt sick."

A current Physiology major stated:

"I have gone to class hungover. But alcohol has not negativity affected my work in school. I procrastinate whether or not I have been drinking."

Another senior, majoring in Accounting, stated:

"I've gone to many of my Friday morning classes hungover. Sometimes I still feel drunk when I'm in class. I did this more when I had just turned 21 last fall and was just able to attend the bars. Alcohol has affected me negatively in school. Sometimes I'll drink all weekend and not do any work or study for exams because I would sleep all day and then go out again at night. I probably have lost some brain cells from all the drinking I have done!"

While drinking seems to be a natural part of the "college experience," drinking should be done in moderation and only when the student can afford the lost hours alcohol consumption will cause. Always consider the weekend workload you have to tackle before jetting off to the bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment