Monday, November 5, 2012

Roscoe Bartlett or John Delaney? Most FSU Students Don't Seem to Care

It seems that many FSU students do not care very much about the candidates for our district for the House of Representatives. When asked if they were planning on voting for Roscoe Bartlett or John Delaney, most seemed unsure as to who they were supporting.

Graduate student Jodie Lewis stated, "I'm not sure who to vote for. I guess I just don't pay attention to the House and Senate races. I'm more focused on the presidential election, to be honest."

Michael Browning, a high school student visiting the campus, stated, "I don't really know much about them, like what they stand for and what their major differences are. I don't think there is enough easily accessible information on them for me to really stand behind one or another. Like the presidential candidates get debates and stuff. I don't think Bartlett and Delaney do that."

Senior Frank Muse said, "I don't pay attention to those things. I just know one is a Democrat and one is a Republican. But I just care about who wins the presidency."

FSU students need to better educate themselves on all aspects of the ballot. We are not simply voting for the next president tomorrow; we are voting on other important issues and choosing the other leaders that will represent us for the coming years. While House and Senate battles aren't as widely publicized as the presidential campaigns and debates, it is still very important to be an educated voter regarding every decision there is to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment