Thursday, October 4, 2012

On the Fly, Looking Fly: Street Style FSU

Frostburg, you're looking good. No, seriously, I'm impressed. You're trendy, you're bold, you're chic-- you do these mountains proud. I set out around campus trying to find two students to win the first-ever FSU STREET STYLE AWARDS and, trust me, the competition was tough. 

Pixie haircuts! Bold totes! Plaid! Cable knit! The Lane University Center was rocking the fall trends and everywhere I looked it was fierce. Who to pick? The cute blond with the floral prints? The young man rocking the thick rimmed glasses and skinny jeans?  I was torn, lost and utterly confused, but then it happened: I fell in love. With great excitement I announce that seniors Tara Devezin and John Robinson win both the prestige and flattery of this first award. Good job, guys. Stay fresh. 


Seniors John Robinson and Tara Devezin at the Lane University Center on October 3, 2012. 


John Robinson:

Q: What are you studying?
A: Art and design with a focus in graphic design with a minor in marketing.

Q: What is your dream career?
A: Working as a graphic design artist for a magazine or working for Design Army Graphic Design Agency. 

Q: Who is your style icon?
A: Ryan Gosling

Q: What is your favorite fall style?
A: Slim-fit hoodies, salvaged denim and beanies. 

Q: What is one fashion trend that just needs to die?
A: UGGs. Hate them. They piss me off. 

Q: How would you summarize your style in one word or phrase?
A: Classic. 

Q: What is your go-to clothing store?
A: J-Crew and Zara.

Can't get enough John? Check out his personal website here

Tara Devezin:

Q: What are you studying?
A: International studies with a concentration in development with a triple minor in spanish, health promotions and geography. 

Q: What is your dream career?
A: Working with a non-governmental organization to help women and children with health concerns. 

Q: Who is your style icon?
A: I don't really have one. I just get dressed depending on my mood.

Q: What is your favorite fall style?
A: Scarves!

Q: What is one fashion trend that just needs to die?
A: Jeggings, saggy pants and showing boxers. It's a no-go. I'm not doing it!

Q: How would you summarize your style in one word or phrase?
A: Street Eclectic.

Q: What is your go-to clothing store?
A: H&M





So, remember: yes scarves, no UGGs. Take a look around campus and see what fall trends and hot looks you can find. You just might find a few people on the fly, looking fly. I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment