Monday, October 31, 2011

Hey This Isn't About Sex! Blah!



The Questions: What are your plans for Halloween? What’s your costume? What’s your favorite part of Halloween?



“…my favorite part of Halloween is it’s my birthday!” says Jessica Horne, will be going as Betty Boop for Halloween and having a costume party. For Jessica, Halloween is obviously a full spirited day, but for other students not so much. “I’m the wrong person to ask…” laughed Aaron Webb, a junior and a Business Administration major, who does not celebrate Halloween. Instead, Webb plans to attend choir rehearsal with his fellow members of UVUGD Gospel Choir* and then chill for the rest of the night. Tauren Lovell does not celebrate Halloween either, why not? –“Because I’m 21 years old and I’ll be watching Monday Night Football.” A senior at Bowie State University and a Biology major, Keisha Tappin admits, “I normally don’t do Halloween, but this year I will be going to a haunted house.”


Haunted houses, full of boos and ahhhhs, are being advertised all over Frostburg State University and students like Jimmese Hill, a senior and a Mass Communications major, are going in for the scares. She won’t be rocking a costume this year, but she did go to UPC’s* haunted house in Cumberland hall on Thursday. Jimmese brings out the child-like love of Halloween acknowledging that she loves the candy—just as A.J. Jones does, an Exercise and Sports Science major and a member of FSU’s football team, “No plans, I don’t get dressed up, but I love Halloween for its candy.”




*Unified Voices Under God’s Dominion

*University Programming Counsel

No comments:

Post a Comment